VIP Dodging Bullets, Dropping Beats

Discussion in 'Announcements Area' started by Cats777, Aug 8, 2024.

1. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

[IMG]

Hey there, fellow bullet hell masochists and screen watchers for bullet hell masochists! It's time for another update, and this time we're diving into the chaotic world of shmups - you know, those games where I spend more time respawning than actually playing. I've never actually beaten a shmup. Hell, I'm lucky if I make it past the first stage without turning my ship into a fireworks display. But that doesn't mean I can't appreciate a killer soundtrack when I hear one. So, I've scoured the depths of shmup music, listening to tracks from games I'll probably never have the skills to play, all to bring you this selection of absolute bangers. These tunes are so good, they might just inspire you to git gud... or at least make you feel like a badass while you're getting your ass handed to you for the hundredth time.

Code:
    Resogun - Fabularis
    Resogun - Acis
    Last Hope (2007) - Dark Seed
    Last Hope (2007) - Trancendental
    Razion - Dr.Future - Stage 2 (Dr.Future Remix)
    Razion - Stage 1 - 90s Lasershmup
    Devil Engine - Contrails (CREDITS)
    Devil Engine - Iron Attack (STAGE 1)
    Devil Engine - OVER TAKE (STAGE EX)
    Devil Engine: Ignition - Crafted Beasts
    Devil Engine: Ignition - Celestial Avatar
    Battle Crust - Sledgehammer
    Battle Crust - Critical hit
    Infinos Gaiden - Liberator
    Infinos Gaiden - The darkness crawling
    Infinos Gaiden - Get over the light
    Lightning Strike Force EX - THROUGH THE LIGHTNING (Stage 1)
    Lightning Strike Force EX - +TEK - Go Straight
    Lightning Strike Force EX - +TEK - Ray of Hope
    Lightning Strike Force EX - +TEK - Into The Sky
    Damn, these shmup titles sound so fucking badass. It's like the developers sat down and thought, "How can we make players feel like they're piloting the most insane death machines ever conceived?"

As for composers, we've got Ari Pulkkinen, who usually composes for Trine and Angry Birds; Rafael Dyll and Andre Neumann, who may be considered proteges of Chris Huelsbeck(Turrican); Hyakutaro Tsukumo, one of the dudes behind the music of the Thunder Force series; and other lovely folks.